Thursday, November 13, 2008

Insomnia

Hola readers. How’s it going? Good here! Just sitting in the Coffee Store doing some internet stuff. Tragedy occurred and our fave internet connection “Apart 6” now is locked and we can’t get in. Muy triste. Now using the internet is a little difficult in the residencia. Probably a good thing bc I spend way too much time online.

So Maroon 5 concert in 3 words: frolic, feminine, fans.

We got down to Luna Park (also where Eva met Juan Peron, sidenote of history) got in, climbed up to our cheep seats and sat down. And not much changed for the next hour. I kind of expected the concert to be literally insane. Most of the time here when you have some big event like a soccer game or protest or whatever, the people go nuts. This was more like – oh let’s sit and watch these little pansy boys play some songs.” Which was fine by me. We stood and sang for a but then really just sat and watched. They played for a little over an hour. All the standard hits. I saw them play in high school and it was basically the exact same show – and that was almost 5 years ago. I’ll bet they are quite tired of “This Love.” We had a lot of fun.

I found my mind wandering during the show and thinking of sad things like – ”I wonder how good the health insurance these performers get is? Who employs them? Do celebrities get benefits?” Which kind of tells you where my head is these days. Worried about grownup things. Lame.

Yesterday I once again slept in til about 2, went on a walk, ate lunch at a cute café, got some ice-cream, bought a theater ticket, and went to dinner with the Santa Barbs. Typical day. Lovely.

I’ve turned into an insomniac as well. I stayed up until about 5 am last night. So then of course I slept til 2 – it’s a vicious cycle.

Tonight I’m taking myself on a little date to the theater and to dinner. Then tomorrow who knows?

I’m taking off Sunday to go to Bariloche to meet Brie. I’ll lay over there for a week til MKB comes. I’m going crazy just waiting on her to get here!

Peace out bean sprout.

Char

3 comments:

Julie Ward said...

"Yesterday I once again slept in til about 2, went on a walk, ate lunch at a cute café, got some ice-cream, bought a theater ticket, and went to dinner with the Santa Barbs. Typical day. Lovely."

Can I be you?

Unknown said...

i'm with julie! i want your life.

Julie Ward said...

post soon! I want to feel like you're still in my life!

PS is it time for you to come back to us yet?