Friday, August 22, 2008

One More Week

Hola hola. I'm still in Monroe awaiting my adventure. I've been in Birmingham and Atlanta all week visiting friends. I got to catch up with some college buddies who have started post college life. I'm so glad to finally be starting mine. Sitting at home in my Mom's new house is fabulously calm and I love her cool coffee maker, but I'm ready to get on that plane and go. I've been doing my favorite sort of preparing - shopping. Lots of skinny jeans, sweaters, emo scarves - it's going to be early spring when I arrive - high 80s, low 50s. By the time I leave in December, it will be full on summer.

I've been spending my Funroe time with Caroline. She's leaving for China the same day I go to Argentina. It's fab to have a buddy in preparing - someone to go to Target with, etc. Plus, compared to Shanghai, Buenos Aires seems like Oxford. Not so intimidating. I'll take Spanish over Mandarin.

I've been doing lots of reading about cool places in BA I can't wait to go. There is this huge old ornat theater that's been turned into a bookstore. Can't wait. Also, I finally figured out where my Student Residence is located thanks to my handy dandy new IPOD that has the google map thing on it. It looks like I'm about 2 blocks from Congress and in a decent location. I'll be in a room with 2 other girls. Not sure if they're American or from Argentina or Egypt. We shall see.

I know it's shallow, but I'm so looking forward to typing on my MAC, sipping cafe con leches, and wearing trendy things I'd never wear here in the estados. Whatever. I'm not ashamed.

Off to watch 7 hours more of Weeds.

-Char

No comments: