Monday, August 11, 2008

Vamos.

Hola amigos. In attempt to keep in contact with everyone while I reside in Buenos Aires and because Melissa's Au Pair Diaries have been quite an inspiration, I blog. I'll try to keep it as entertaining and educational as possible. If I don't post too frequently, rest assured that it's because I actually found some friends and a life in Argentina. If my posts are quite long and pensive, don't fret because it's only 4 months.
The plan is to leave Funroe on August 29 and return to Funroe on December 22. I have cashed in all of Brucie's frequent flyer miles to go on this little excursion. I hope it's worth it. My main goals are to dominate the Spanish language, understand the culture, survive, and buy an awesome purse.
I'll be in language school for the first month. I know what you're all thinking. You majored in Spanish but still need language school? Yes I do. Thanks Ole Miss. Once they (GIC Argentina, the program I found online in a midnight google quest to not have to answer "I'm not really sure yet" to everyone who asks what I'm doing after graduation) think I'm fluent enough, I'm supposed to start an internship. This internship is yet to be decided. Possibly media or business or entertainment or tourism. At one point, GIC emailed me about working at a male modeling agency, so who really knows.
I am a tad bit worried that this program/school doesn't actually exist or something. I've done everything online. Keep your fingers crossed that when I get to Argentina, I actually have a school to go to.
I'll be living in a student Residence which is basically a fancy dorm from what I can gather. No more host families for me (peace out abuelos). I may be in a room alone or with up to 4 others.

That's all for now. Off to enjoy the Olympics and Breaking Dawn for a few hours.

Adios.
Carlotta

1 comment:

katie l. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.