Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Marine biology

Hola hola hola! I´m still in Puerto Madryn. I´ve had such a great time here. I´ve seen tons of whales, dolphins, penguins, seals, birds, etc. It´s amazing. I´ve decided to continue traveling for a bit. I just can´t make myself go back to BA with so many things to see. I leave this afternoon to go to El Calafate which is waaaay south. The main reason for going is the Perito Moreno glacier. I can´t wait. It´s prob going to be a life changer. From there, I have some options for more travel. I´m considering going to Ushaia, the southernmost city in the world, or maybe to Chalten and then into Chile. Hopefully I´ll end up in Bariloche in a week or so. To get there I might can do this amazing boat cruise thing that takes you all through the coast of Chile. It´s a bit pricier than I´m used to spending in South America, but if not, I´ll be on a bus for 4 days or so. Not sure...

I´ve already gotten the email lecture from Brucie on travel safety etc. I´ll be super careful and check my email everyday if possible. It´s so much easier than I thought to travel down here. The only prob is that I´m so unprepared! I´m backpacking with a Vera Bradley duffel. And I have no warm clothes except a fleece I bought here. I think I can make do, but I totally wish I had planned for this. I look like an Ole Miss sorority girl that got dropped of in the Patagonia instead of the KD house. Oh well. It will just be my personal travel style.

Hope all´s well back at home!

BTW - I keep meeting all of these adults who are traveling for like 6 months at a time. They all get some sort of career break. They´re from Ireland or Germnay or somewhere European normally. We need to start that up in the ole Estados Unidos.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

soo much fun!! i can't wait to see pictures. and you have to go to usuhia or however you spell it. that looks like the coolest place on earth. have fun and can't wait to see you in a month!!!!!

Spanish said...

I told you... Go for it!!!
And probably you can rent some trekking stuff!!!
Bring chocolate when you´ll be back ;-)