Saturday, October 25, 2008

Nature walks

Hola! I am sitting in a hostel back in El Calafate waiting to go the bus station at 4 am (miz) to go to Ushuaia (not miz). I had a wonderful time in El Chalten. It´s right at the base of the Andes. Trails go up into the mountains from the hostel´s backyard. Needless to say, I´m not normally a huge hiker, but I loved it! If I had the gear, I would have stayed for a week and done lots of trails. It was magic. I took lots of good pics that I´ll post when I get back to BA. So excited to get to Ushuaia. The bus ride is about 18 hrs. No prob. You have to go through Chile to get there and I´ve heard it takes quite a while to get through the police check points, etc. Tierra del Fuego here I come. If you´re bored, check a map and see where it is. It blows my mind that I´m all the way down here.

Everyone´s facebook statuses say ¨Hotty Toddy¨so I´m guessing Ole Miss beat someone. I have no idea. So removed. The last town I was in was formed just 15 years ago. They still don´t have an ATM.

Hope all is well! I´ll post from Ushuaia soon!

1 comment:

Will Breard said...

im so proud of your adventurism! yay for the del fuego! i hope your santa barbra friends know you are ok.. i might be worried if that girl we were friends with said she would be back on monday and its a week later with no word.. but then again i worry alot
lol
keep me posted chica!

besos