Saturday, September 6, 2008

1 week

Hey readers. Gossip girl here. Things in Buenos Aires are cold. And rainy.

So I've been here for a week. Hard to believe just a week ago I was getting mugged. Seems like years ago.

Yesterday was quite a day. I went to school and had a time with Frederico. I don't know if I was tired or what, but I just couldn't get it together. I kept messing up and just speaking in English and then I'd tear up. Triste. Frederico prob thinks I'm way unstable.

After class I went to the grocery store and bought some stuff. I then napped all afternoon. I got up around 6 and hung out with some peeps on my floor.

Last night was the welcome dinner that our program organized for us. It was fabulous! We ate at this restaurant in a cool barrio called Palermo Hollywood. The restaurant was very big and loud and fun. They had board games and we drank for free. Great combo! I sat at a table with the Santa Barbara girls (my new bffs), 2 girls from Australia, and some others. We had a blast. We stayed at the restaurant from 10-2ish. The whole "we do things very late at night" thing here is hard to adjust to. At about 8 o'clock, my day is usually about done - minus whatever tv I must watch. Here that's like the afternoon.

After dinner we all went to some club. It was fun. We danced for a while. I came back around 4 which is like leaving the party before it even starts but hey - i tried. When I got back I took a shower and the with the courage of many beers, stole someone's hair dryer and dried my hair for the first time. It was pure joy. It may have been the highlight of the night. That's triste too...

I slept in today, along with everyone else. It was like a ghost town til about 3 pm or so. I spent the afternoon with the Santa Barbara girls in a cafe down the street. We drank capucinos and read things and wrote things It was a great way to spend a hungover, rainy, freezing afternoon. We came back to the dorm for a while and then went and got dinner across the street at this pizza place we frequent. We got this great pizza with chicken, tomato, olives, etc. Deelish. We then watched How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. A lovely evening. Now everyone is gearing up to go out. Oh heck no. I don't go out in the rain. Not even in Oxford.

Hopefully the weather will be better tomorrow so we can go to the Feria de San Telmo. They have a street fair with lots of booths to buy fun things. It's rumored to be quite touristy but guess what. Soy turista.

PS - I just watched the new 90210. Que horror. Bad idea. It's bad to think Tori Spelling would actually improve things.

Here's a pic from dinner last night.

Hola hola!

1 comment:

Will Breard said...

you totally need to write a book. this is how i am going to spend my "post-grad" days.. reading your blog. woot