Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Zara Chara

Great day in BA! That rhymes. Loves it. I had class alone with Frederico. We learned irregular preterit verbs and played some numbers games. Que divertido! After class I watched Gossip Girl online again with my friend Lindsay. It was even better the second time. I love Chuck Bass almost more than I love Ross Gellar. Which is a lot.

This afternoon I explored Palermo which is basically the SoHo of BA. Very chill and awesome. We went to the botanical gardens. We also ate in Spanish cafe. I had a tortilla espanola that was delicious and reminded me of fond times in Valencia. I think Valencia is going to have some competition. I am starting to love it here.

I signed up for a wine tasting class so that I can be like Tara when we go out to eat and she tells us about the hints of blackberries and oak.

So, I found Zara. And a huge mall. Like amazingly huge and fancy and awesome. I saw 2 purses I plan on buying. First on my shopping list though are boots. They have shoe stores everywhere and all the boots on sale cost like 80 pesos (like 30 dollars). Oh yes. I shall purchase.

Zara is probably my favorite place in the world. I'm not going to go all Spain style and spend mucho mucho dinero there (plus, it's a bit out of the way unlike in Spain where I passed 3 on my way to school everyday.... I really want to buy just a few nice things to have from Argentina.

I also have decide that I'm going to do some traveling. I never really thought it was possible as South America is huge and trains can't take you from Paris to Amsterdam or whatevs but apparently the buses here are quite nice. I really want to plan to backpack for like 2 weeks at the end. If you have any suggestions holla back.

So I'm the only person here from anywhere remotely Southern. And I'm including Texas, Virginia, and Florida. There's a girl from Missouri and on from Nebraska. My accent is quite the commodity. I thought I was so city chic but oh no.

My Norweigan roomie just came back in and is telling me about cool music. She just asked me what songs I am going to play at my funeral. Gots to go.

Oh and it's really cold here all of a sudden. Hope your humidity is treating you well.


Oh and here are some pics...


My little queendom. I am using my suitcase for a bedside table.
















This is the Congreso. It's right down the street. It's built to look just like the US Capitol. Well done.

No comments: